Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It’s A New Day

and soon to be a new year. Definitely got some changes planned for 2009.  I have let some things go on way too long and its not a good look for me or my family.

First I joined Spark People (again) but I am serious about losing weight and feeling better. I have had so many health issues this year that I determined to make a change. Hardest part of that is going to be giving up Pepsi…yeah I said it..gonna give up the good stuff.

I intend to get the kids involved in my journey to healthy. I am more concerned with how my body feels than how much weight I lose. If I eat better, exercise more and take better care of myself, the weight will come off…right?

I also have some definite business goals that I plan to work on. My designing is very hit or miss. I have to change that. More time spent on the business of designing and less on facebook, email, and twitter. I feel there is a market for my creations, I just need to reach them.

Personal is going to be hard. My marriage isn’t in a good place and my husband refuses to accept that. But I am going to pray on this situation and  work on the other parts and God will give me guidance.

1 comment:

Shea said...

Hey girl, I didn't even know you had started a blog, but anyway I really like it!

I'm trying to get back on track with being healthy too. Not that I fell way off of it, but I haven't been watching my calories like I was before. When I kept my calories around 1250 a day and walked 4-5x a week, I was losing a good amount, about 2 lbs a week. And yes, if you eat better and exercise more, the weight will come off. I never did any crazy aerobics or joined a gym or anything special. Just ate healthy, minimizing my intake of sugar and fat as much as possible (but not obsessing about it either), and plain old walking
I actually love my walks now! (well not in the cold though) but it became very cathartic for me because I used that time to unplug from the world, and just think about things while I walked. Or sometimes I'd make phone calls using my bluetooth. It's a good way to get to know your neighborhood too.

Keep it up with your designing, I totally kwym about prioritizing. It's hard.

You know my thoughts on the personal things, you're in my prayers about that.