Friday, February 5, 2010

Nearly Flawless huh...

Condemned killer Mark Brown filed a last-minute lawsuit challenging Ohio's execution process as flawed and capable of causing severe pain, then was put to death Thursday in a nearly flawless death penalty procedure.
__
nearly flawless death penalty procedure is an oxymoron to me. Just the words flawless meaning perfect has no place next to death penalty procedure. Its so far from perfect....It is unconscionably cruel to appoint the hour of someone's death. To have to countdown the days and hours until someone you love breathes their last. I have had close family members murdered...I have had friends and acquaintances die as a result of street violence. I have had those I love die at the end of illness. And I can say that the last two weeks as I watched them countdown to my daughter's fathers execution date was óne of the most traumatic, stressful events I have ever experienced.

in 1981 my aunt was murdered by her husband...she was single mother of 1, on 2/21/1992 my cousin was murdered by her kids father...she was 22 years old married mom of three small children.....11/20/2005 my cousin was kidnapped & murdered by a stranger...she was single mom of two teen girls....and all three were wonderful women who loved their families and worked hard to provide for them. So I have had my innocent family members murdered. And I oppose the government committing murder in my name. Why create more innocent victims...why cause someone else's family the pain and loss that I suffer from. It does not ease my suffering one bit. Its barbaric, horrific and definitely not the sign of a civilized country. Its vengeance not justice.

No comments: